responsibility code was designed to help you enjoy the slopes
no matter which resort you visit. Always show respect and courtesy
to others and be aware that there are elements of risk in winter
sports that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce.
Following the code listed below will help you better enjoy your
skiing and riding time.
1. Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other
people or objects.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility
to avoid them.
3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill
and yield to others.
5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails
and out of closed areas.
7. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability
to load, ride and unload safely.
KNOW THE CODE. IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
The Responsibility Code is officially endorsed by the National
Ski Areas Association.